Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July






This year we had the best time in Wyoming for the 4Th of July. My mom made pioneer dresses for all of us and spent literally a whole year finding pioneer stories to share with us in Wyoming. We went to Martin's cove which was truly an amazing experience. My boys loved riding in the handcart and then hiking part of the way to the cove. There is such an amazing spirit there and it truly help me appreciate just a little bit more what those people went through. Dave and I talked about packing up everything we could fit into a handcart and getting the boys and just leaving. It is truly so hard to comprehend. While we were in Wyoming we also went to a Rodeo which the boys loved, watch truly one of the greatest firework shows I have ever been too, went to the Lander Wy parade which Parker loved getting soaked by the fire trucks, which is something I remember loving as a little kids, and had a BBQ with some of my cousins. It was an action filled weekend that I will truly never forget. We also had a run in with a rattle snake witch about scared Dave and I half to death since the boys were so close to it. I don't think my heart stopped beating a mile a minute for about an hour afterward. I love the 4Th of July and it was fun to spend it in the town where my mom grew up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures. I love the one of your little family. It's adorable.

Jessica F. said...

I am a little disappointed that neither you nor Jenny put up a picture of the WHOLE fam in the pioneer outfits. I am DYING to see it all.
Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Kel is the best!!!

Cathryn said...

So fun. You guys are so cute too!!, We need to hang out again soon so I can see your cute boys in person.