Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feeling so blessed

We have had a bit of a scary week in our family. My mom told us last Friday that she had found a lump close to where she found her 1st lump 6 years ago that was breast cancer. She actually noticed it awhile ago but she didn't want to ruin the family reunion that she had worked so hard on in Wyoming so she waited until after to tell us. She had a appointment on Monday with her doctor and her doctor told her that she had reason to be concerned and that he needed to run some tests. So Tuesday Morning she went in and had some test done and they told us that we would know within 24 hours. Needless to say the last 24 hours I have had a lump in my stomach just waiting for news. My mom called me today after talking to the doctor and they said that it is not cancer and they also ran a test to see if their was anything in her lungs as well and again they found no cancer. I am just feeling so blessed. My mom is truly a rock in my life and I don't know what my life would be like without her. The Lord has truly blessed our family.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't honestly imagine how scary that would be! I don't know what I would do without my mom, and I'm sure you feel the same. Glad everything is okay!!

Jill Johnson said...

I am so glad that is was GOOD news! I had NO IDEA that your mom had Breast cancer 6 years ago! I am so happy that she is ok! I run the Making strides against Breast cancer every October in salt lake in Memory of my Mom, hopefully someday soon there will be a cure / prevention so no woman ever has to worry about the word Breast cancer!!
Tell your Mom Hi!!

gillman said...

cor- how scary! i didn't know, i am so sorry!! i am so glad it turned out to be nothing. what a scary thing to have to wait for. glad everything is ok! luvya!
MEg

The Johnson's said...

That is some great news to have and some scary news at the same time. Glad to know everything is ok.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

that is great news...it is scary to have to wait like that isn't it...bu i know that your family was so strong during that time 6 yrs ago...i know your fam could get through anything....im glad we have the knowledge of the gospel though to help us....and help us feel blessed

Amy Jensen said...

Wow! I didn't know your mom had cancer before and I don't know what I would do without my mom either. I am glad the news turned out to be good. You guys are truly blessed!