Sunday, March 13, 2011

Holy Snow





A few weekends ago my family rented a cabin up at Sundance for the weekend. It was such a great time with lots of eating, talking and playing. My mom of course made matching PJ's for all the kids. Parker went skiing again for the 2ND time but he didn't love it so much since it was snowing and the wind was blowing. On Saturday night the adults played a game of battle of the sexes. Surprisingly the guys won, but only because the girls picked the card to go back to the start twice. It turned out to be quite the experience. On Saturday night we went to bed and then at 1:00 in the morning I woke up and realized the power was out. I didn't think much of it I just made sure all the kids had a blanket on them so nobody got cold and went back to bed. Well when we woke up the next morning the power was still out and we realized it had snowed 3 feet. It was so crazy. The guys spent a lot of the day digging out our cars and trying to get the attention of the snow plow to come plow the driveway since we were suppose to leave that day. Well as the day went on the snow plow hadn't come. We called the owner of the cabin a few times and he had to finally drive up from Orem and get the snow plows attention to get us out. It was kind of a crazy feeling to know that you literally couldn't go anywhere until you were dug out. When we got home Sunday night there was literally an inch of snow at our house. I couldn't believe that only 15 mins away they got almost no snow and we were snowed in. Fun times!

1 comment:

meg said...

Corey, was the owner Mike Lorschider? This looks just like the cabin my mom and dad used to own with him. I spent all my years growing up at this cabin until my parents sold it. Its a super fun cabin and it looks like you guys had a great time there. can't believe the snow!