Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recipes

Lately I have become obsessed with recipe blogs. Whenever I find a new one I seriously spend like 2 hours looking through and finding some good recipes. I think it is partly because I am home so much with a newborn and it is something I can do here. It has been fun trying new foods, and I have found that I really do love to cook. Some girls in my ward started a recipe group as well. We get together once every few months and share recipes. It has been a lot of fun. This is the latest one I found that Dave and I both loved so I thought I would pass it along. If you know of any other great cooking blogs please let me know.




Chicken Vegetable Chow Mein


1 pkg spaghetti (or udon noodles if you want to get fancy)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into really thin strips
2 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs oil
1 small onion, cut in half, then sliced (half moon shaped)
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3/4 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded
1 1/2 c frozen Chinese snow peas (or any vegetable you want)
1 carrot, peeled, and sliced into matchstick size
2 1/2 tbs soy sauce
2 1/2 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper

Cook spaghetti according to package directions, making sure to add plenty of salt to the boiling water to flavor the noodles. While noodles are cooking season chicken with salt and pepper, and toss with cornstarch. Heat 2 tbs oil in wok or large skillet on high. Cook chicken until brown and crispy, (this takes about 10 minutes). Remove chicken onto a plate with slotted spoon. Add onion, carrot and garlic and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, then add cabbage, stir fry for 3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, frozen vegetables, cooked, drained noodles, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Toss until noodles and vegetables are warmed through, about 3 minutes. Serve!

No comments: