Monday, April 18, 2011

Freezer meals




A few months ago I realizes how much food we were wasting because we never would finish what I had made for dinner and both Dave and I don't really love leftovers. So I decided that from now on I was going to make the same dinners but split it into 2 pans and cook one and freeze one. This has been such a great option for our family. We save so much money on food and I always have 3-4 meals in the freezer, which is great for those days that are crazy, or if you aren't feeling well but you still need to be a mom. It obviously doesn't work with every meal but I have found it works great with any casserole, lasagna, enchiladas, chicken cordon blue, BBQ beef for sandwiches that you make in the crock pot, cafe rio pork, etc. If you have a bigger family you could double the recipe. It has worked so well I thought I would pass the idea on.

No comments: